Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Out on a Limb



I wanted to write a little blurb about my upcoming show this weekend. I started out doing shows over thirty years ago. I started small, sharing a table with a friend. I progressed to high school craft shows, traveling around my area and then to a very large show at our local Fairground. I did all kinds of shows, inside, outside, in cafeterias and Fairgrounds. I found out that the little shows take just as much set up and tear down and time involved as the big shows and I made a lot more money at the big ones. I stopped doing the small ones.

Then in the 80's I was doing an outside show and was given a patch of dirt. During the weekend, the wind came up. The wind deposited dirt on every single one of my art pieces. Those were the days before clear bags ( Clearbags.com) and I had shrink wrapped every single one of my products. It was very time consuming and expensive to tear them all apart and redo them all. That was my last outside show for the last 20 years.

I retired from shows in November of 2008. I sold all my walls, my tables, my table cloths. And I thought retirement was b-o-r-i-n-g! And my artwork is in my soul, I need to keep creating!

This coming weekend I am doing a very small outside show and it is VERY hot here. I am breaking all my own rules, going out on a limb. I don't know anything about this show, it is outside, it is hot and it is small. But I was invited and that was so special. I will take pictures and tell you all about it next week.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

1 comment:

  1. *Congratulations and Good Luck! Enjoy the day and have fun. I look forward to seeing your photos and account of the weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete