Tuesday, January 18, 2011

PAPER




I have not been very creative doing calligraphy lately. I ran out of paper. I learned long ago a workman never blames his tools, but really, if I don't have the right paper, my calligraphy just does not look the same. It has to be crisp, white and bleedproof. I could not find my favorite paper here in Hawaii. After scouring the art stores here, I called my favorite store on the Mainland. I called them before I ran out, about the third week in December. Apparently, they had an old, no longer used credit card on file for me and it was declined. I was just thinking that my paper was delayed by the Christmas mail rush. The store did not call me to tell me it was declined or that my order was not coming to me. By the time I tracked that down, much time had passed. Today I finally got my paper! Hooray, I can work again.

1 comment:

  1. I know you will be filling each sheet with beautiful lettering. Enjoy your new pads of paper Jan!

    ReplyDelete