Saturday, July 17, 2010

An Unexpected Blessing




I have always been a Scrapbook maker, capturing the memories of my family. In 1985, I found myself in the middle of a divorce and fled my house. Taking only my children's baby books, I left all the rest of the Scrapbooks behind. I was never able to get them and they burned to the ground last summer in a forest fire. Memories lost forever.

We are in the middle of a big move from our big house to a much smaller condo in the city. In the middle of cleaning out the basement, I found a miracle. A Scrapbook from the late 70's and early 80's. The last one I had made and I have not seen those pictures in over 20 years! Oh my gosh, I sat down and cried. I did not even know I had it. Precious pictures of my little children in grade school as they grew. I can only thank God for such a precious gift.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Jan. God really did bless you with a very precious gift. I'm so happy for you. I know you will treasure it always. Have a good weekend. Linda E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan:
    That's such a miracle. I am so thrilled for you. What a treasure to recoup.
    God is good.
    SuZ

    ReplyDelete